I am definitely not a practical joker or an April Fool’s prank player.
So this week’s topic was a bit tough for me.
- from DIY Boston: No Yard, No Problem. Now this headline caught my eye in my blog reader because my husband has a dream of raising chickens some day. I emailed it to him thinking “boy people are crazy for chickens.” He replied back that he thought it was an April Fools Day joke. Duh. (See I told you I’m not good at these things!)
- The Tale of Sid Finch from Sports Illustrated circa 1985. I remember reading this article back in the day. This remains in my mind the ultimate April Fool’s Day hoax. This was before the internet so you couldn’t go fact check this article with a quick google search.The subheading of the article was the big clue: “He's a pitcher, part yogi and part recluse. Impressively liberated from our opulent life-style, Sidd's deciding about yoga — and his future in baseball." The first letters of these words spell out "Happy April Fools Day - ah(a) fib"
- Quite a few years ago, two co-workers turned every item in our boss’s cube upside down. The furniture, the post-its, his (empty) coffee cup. Everything.
- Google Nose - for results you can smell.
photos via TechCrunch
- Birchbox announced a new service called Birchbox for Boxes? For $20 you will get a variety of boxes delivered to your door step every month.
- Did you see the flashmob that got thousands of people to walk backwards in Times Square? http://www.geekosystem.com/backwards-flash-mob-in-times-square/
and finally, three pranks you could play on your family next year...
- Serve cake for dinner - mashed potato icing covers a two layer meatloaf cake inside!
- Lunchtime switcheroo - put carrots in the chip bag and seal the chip bag with glue dots to fool them!
- Breakfast Fakeout - freeze the milk and cereal, create a poached egg out of yogurt and a peach and pour jello into a glass to look like juice.
There you have it! Some ideas for next year's April's Fool Day.
Head on over to CaroleKnits.net to see more lists and to play along!