Ten on Tuesday
1. I’m trying this Ten on Tuesday thing. My hope is that it gets me blogging more regularly. I have all these ideas but never get around to sharing them here.
2. In related news, my One Little Word for 2012 is FINISH. I have too many unfinished projects and ideas. This is the year I complete them or clear them out. It’s also the year I finish a 5K and Do you have a word for the year?
3. While we’re on the topic of resolution-type things, I’m making an effort to make some new recipes for dinner. Last week it was turkey meatballs and spaghetti squash and spicy and hot chicken soup. Both were easy to make after a long day at the office and used ingredients I already had on hand. Two thumbs up.
4. We finally took Christmas down over the weekend. I miss the glow of the lights on the tree. But I’m happy to have more room to walk around in the living room too.
5. Can I just share how much I love Lands’ End flannel sheets? They are so soft and warm.
6. I’ll be really happy if we make it through a New England winter with average temperatures in the 40s and snow fall accumulation under an inch. But somehow I know we’ll be buried under a foot or more of snow soon. Until then, I’m enjoying the mild weather.
7. I’m also enjoying the fact that the days are getting longer. Yesterday, at 4:30 it was still (just barely) light. Yay!
8. I’m excited to see my high school friends this weekend. We don’t all get together often but when we do, it’s full of laughter and joy. So excited.
9. Do you have any favorite workout tunes? I need to update my iPod playlist with some upbeat music.
10.Last night my husband was finishing a job in the town next to where I work. When I left the office, I called him to see if he wanted to meet for dinner. It was fun having a spontaneous date night. We went to a cozy little place with great food that we haven’t been to a while. We sat at the bar, talked, hung out. It was awesome. The bartender gave us great recommendations and we enjoyed our meals almost as much as the company.