Thursday, April 15, 2010

Pink and Melon

Last week Melissa Philips shared another colorful inspiration photo from Leslie at A Creative Mint blog. The combination of pinks and melons and the contrasting patterns are perfect for spring when everything is starting to bloom. It's also a feminine version of my beloved Dunkin Donuts logo!! :)
I also used sketch #86 from the clean & simple blog. These were two quick cards I was able to create while my DH was grilling dinner. Love getting a few minutes of crafty time in after work.
Supplies:
cardstock: Club Scrap (white) and DCWV (pink)
patterned paper: Creative Memories (floral) and KMA (peach)
stamps: PaperTrey Ink and A Muse
ink: Clearsnap (frost white) and Close to My Heart (red velvet)
embossing powder: Ranger
circle punches: EK Success and Marvy
flower: Making Memories
jewels: Darice
foam adhesive: Creative Memories

23 comments:

Stacey said...

Beautiful.

Erin said...

I love the addition of flowers. Lovely.

Nicole said...

So pretty - great spring colors!

TrishG said...

I absolutely love the hello sunshine one. So bright and cheerful. I love the colors and the flower. Great job!

Kristen H said...

I love both of your takes on the Clean and Simple sketch! What a neat way to show how totally different something with the same color combo and sketch can look with a few subtle changes! gorgeous!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are very cute!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! The colors are fab!

Abounding Treasures said...

Beautifully colourful :o)

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh how pretty! The added flower is a beautiful touch!

Natasha said...

These are both stunning! Love the thin outline and the flower mixed in the with the circles!

Anonymous said...

I just love the clean lines of this card--and the colors.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! I love the colors - the orange pops! And the inspiration photo is to die for.

Brenda said...

That color scheme is just divine and your card is beautiful!
I found your blog from the PTI Pixies group and just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Michelle said...

Oh they're clean and whimsy at the same time - what a great take on an inspiration challenge; lovely cards.

Unknown said...

These are beautiful! Love the crisp, clean layouts!!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun cards. I like the white frame so much!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. I love how you used the sketch. And the colors are so pretty! I love following along with the pictures from A Creative Mint too.

Chris said...

I love those pretty colours - very cute!

Jen Carter said...

Very pretty! Great job!

Janis said...

Very beautiful card Christi! I love the circles with flowers.

Monica Hunter said...

Both of these are GREAT!

Unknown said...

I love this layout. Your cards are beautiful!

Melissa said...

Sweet and adorable...I love your cards! Thanks so much for playing along!
Melis

Post a Comment